this post is NOT about covid-19.
I am aware there is a pandemic. I am aware there are quarantine measures in place. I know some of you are scared. So let’s count the little things together:
- I am grateful for opposable thumbs. Silly? I know. But think about it – just spend five minutes going about your day without using your thumbs and then say something!
- I am grateful for this wreteched technology that is being used to scare us but also allows me to check in with my friends and family in Vegas, Chicago, Mexico, Spain, Panama, etc.
- I am grateful for furbabies. Who love us unconditionally. Who calm us in days like these.
- I am grateful for Hulu and Netflix. Now, hear me out. Cabin fever is a very real thing. Some people just cannot handle being home indoors 24/7. These forms of entertainment are a way for us to keep our sanity. Get a mental break. An escape for our mind.
- Good friends who are being safe, pragmatic, calm, smart and kind.
- Access to supplies needed – dog food, baby food, diapers, wipes, etc.
- Red Bull. Sugar free red bull. If you ever wanna give me a gift, that’s the one right there. I don’t smoke anymore, hardly ever drink, no real big vices, but red bull? That’s my jam!
- Rain. It’s been raining the past couple of days. Overcast and rainy. The cool air and the smell of rain on the pavement calms me.
- Sofia at Walgreens. Really, all the staff at Walgreens that has taken the time to get to know me and Peanut. Who ask about her, chat with me, make it feel like a welcoming place.
- For me, most importantly, my tiny human Peanut. She is the light and the love of my life. She is a little human right now but she is not a little thing, she is everything. But I couldn’t make this list without her in it. To stay on brand of little things, I’m going to say Peanut’s toes. We have a toes song and she loves poking me in the face with her toes. Especially when I’m asleep. It’s weird and hilarious.
What are your top ten little things? I know you have time to sit down and think about it, after all, you’re stuck at home like the rest of us! Think. What are your top ten little things you are grateful for? Feel free to share them with me. I want to know.
Because another little thing I am grateful for? Is you. That’s right, Reader, you specifically. You are here with me, going through life with me. And you help me by just being there.
*No tech specs, what to watch, or random thought today. Instead, let’s just say I want you to play videogames and watch a goofy movie. Give your brain a break. And the boys will be taking over the rest of the blog: